Saturday, May 19, 2012

Track and Field Special Olympics Style

Tomorrow I will have some great photos (I hope) from the competition in Sacramento from the regional Special Olympics Track Meet.  This program has not only been such an asset to my son.  And to our family.  I have witnessed successes and triumph.  I have seen kids who no one would even think would smile get out and compete with all their hearts.

I hope you can take a few minutes out of your day and stop by to cheer these hard working athletes on to victory.  Even if they do not win a gold medal, they all are winners.

"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."    
Special Olympics Athletes Pledge

Different Abilities, Not Disabilities

Attitudes and perceptions matter -- because they affect how people treat each other. Do they treat each other with respect and dignity? Or do they cling to misperceptions and stereotypes?
Special Olympics is raising awareness about the abilities of people with intellectual disabilities. Through sports, we showcase the skills and dignity of our athletes. We also bring together communities to see and take part in the transformative power of sports.

Sacramento Track and Field Competition

County

Sacramento

Competition Location

Rancho Cordova High School
2239 Chase Dr.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Be gentle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your thoughts. Please leave us a comment.